Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Summer Swim Team

I signed the girls up to swim in our city's swim team this summer. They practiced every weekday morning from 8:00am-9:00am. I loved having something to do and get ready for every morning...not to mention the great workout the girls got every morning.

They proved to be amazing; I'm sure they could out-swim me anytime! Brynn's tenacity despite being one of the youngest on the team was endearing. She swam every stroke at the swim meets against girls a couple years older than her without a care of her placing at the end. She loved every minute of it and was a great example of doing your best and being happy and confident whatever the outcome. Kaitlyn was nervous to swim at her first meet, but once she dove in the water forgot her nervousness and came up smiling. She proved to be a speed demon, especially in the freestyle. She was almost always one of the top three.


Jared had so many little friends to play with during the hour practice that he loved it as much as the girls. Ellie has picked up some of the swimming lingo and likes to float on her back in the bathtub and exclaim, "Look Mom! Backstroke!"

2 comments:

Andy Porter said...

Your girls rock. That last picture looks like a professional swimming picture!! Nice work capturing the moment. I'm having fun getting caught up on all your summer-ness.

Valerie said...

You're girls swim like pros!