Saturday, December 5, 2009

More Little Nate


Beware to all my friends who think they are "done" having children. Do not come to my house and see Nathan. You will fall in love instantly and will find it hard to resist the urge to add another baby to your family. He already has everyone of us wrapped around his finger.

Nate has the sweetest spirit. He is the most perfect little person. After every feeding he wakes up and looks around bright eyed and quizzically. I've never had a newborn that looked around as much as he does. When you talk to him you can tell he gets excited and that his cute little mouth is trying very hard to smile. He is so peaceful and has been easy going so far. He endures being passed constantly from one person to another and is not the least bit phased by the chaos of it all. I already don't know what our family would do without this special little one.

Nathan eats like a champ. There will be no discreet feedings with him as he gulps every taste down like it may be his last feeding. My mom could even hear him eating while I was talking to her on the phone. I love a good fast eater.

I want to share this bundle of joy with everyone I love. It makes me miss living by family. It makes me miss the fact that I have a nephew and a niece that I've never even met, and that my parents and Scott's parents get no more than mere glimpses into the lives of my kids when we see them. I want them to be able to hold and smell and love and snuggle our little Nate and feel the joy he's brought into our family.

12 comments:

McEntire Family said...

What a beautiful description of having a new one in your life! I loved getting a peak at him on Thursday. He is an adorable little peanut!

Jill Leckbee said...

I am so happy for you guys!! I will take the warning and keep my distance. lol I love the picture of Nate and Jared, you can see the love on Jared's face. Way too cute!! I am so glad things are going well. Let me know if you need anything.

Andy Porter said...

Gaahh!! I want one!!!

Kristine said...

ok sarah...I'm not sure if I can even handle reading your blog anymore...the temptation is WAY TOO HIGH....honestly, he's so precious. i hope all is well.

Valerie said...

He sounds perfect! We have one of those too! I wish I could hold him and snuggle with him. I agree on living far away from family. It's hard. Hopefully, we will see you guys next summer!

Kim Breinholt said...

Was that directed at me? Maybe I can just babysit. :-)

Sharee Gariety said...

How are things now that your mom is gone? I cry a lot when it's time for my mother to leave. a lot. I've been meaning to call you and see how everything went/is going. I'm sorry I've been such a slacker friend. I'll do better, I promise. I can't wait to hold that sweet little boy! I know we're not done, so I can hold and admire him all I want!

Abby Watson said...

this makes me cry. I want you guys to be by me too!

Gaylynn said...

He's so beautiful! Congratulations to you all on such a wonderful addition to the family. He's a lucky little boy!

Kathy said...

I miss the smell of his head and his little poopy bottom. (Not the SMELL of his little poopy bottom....you know what I mean.)

Adrienne said...

It looks like Trenton has a new buddy!! yay!! Trenton has a very similar brown and blue Carter's sleeper too. Your Nathan is a doll.

Logan St Journal said...

I want to hold that baby!
Michelle