I was a bit leery of setting up the baby swing—mostly worried for the safety of Nathan. From previous experience I know that two-year olds are enamored by what seems to be a swing-set in their house and can very easily get overzealous in the force of their pushing. The next thing you know your poor baby is being catapulted in the air across the room! Gratefully, Ellie innately understood the need to be gentle while pushing baby Nate. I watched perplexed as she pushed Nathan and then crawled on the floor under the swing over and over. When I asked her what she was doing she replied, “I give Nathan an underdog!”
Binkies are like socks…they seem to mysteriously disappear never to be found again. After what seemed like hours searching for just one of Nathan’s four pacifiers I was losing my mind—apparently Kaitlyn, who was helping me, had enough herself. Exasperated she screamed, “Those binkies need homing devices!” I totally agree. We need more than just the binky clip to their outfit. We need a pacifier that beeps when you clap for it!
Ellie kept kicking me while I was putting her diaper on for bedtime (Ellie has gratefully been potty-trained since this summer, but she is still not consistently dry at night). When I asked her why she was kicking me she said, “I Nate!” Yes, Nathan does kick his little legs during a diaper change. I started playing along, “Hello Nathan!” I said. Right on cue Ellie gave me a wide open-mouthed smile just like Nathan does. Isn’t it amazing how observant little kids are…makes you realize how careful you need to be about the things you do and say!
Brynn prepared Family Home Evening one night all by herself. Since Valentine’s Day was coming up she chose to talk about love. She had us choose a picture in the Gospel Picture Book that had something to do with love and asked us to tell why we chose that picture. Then she had us all draw a family members name out of a bowl and gave us little cards to decorate. We were supposed to do something the following week to show the person whose name we drew love and leave them the card we colored. It was a fabulous lesson! Kaitlyn and Brynn want to prepare FHE every week and are bummed when I tell them Scott and I have to give the lesson sometimes too.
6 comments:
You're kids are so cute!
Your blog makes us smile too!
She was giving him an underdog? That is so hilarious and cute!
When you invent the bink-clapper I'll be your first customer!! By then I won't need it, but it will still be fun to own. We could have one of the kids put it in their mouth and then play hide and seek.
Aw! I love the Esplin kids. I almost patented a binky with a clapper when Chad was a baby by the way. I totally should have done it and it would now be saving you a lot of trouble.
I can't believe how much Nathan looks like you. He's got your eyebrows. I miss you guys.
Love ya
Post a Comment