I remember when I was pregnant with my second child I worried if I would ever be able to love another child as much as I loved Kaitlyn. I was awestruck by our instant bond, and she had completely stolen my heart. The minute I held Brynn in my arms I knew for sure what my mom always says—that love multiplies—was absolutely true. I never needed to have worried. Here I had another tiny little person to hold, and instantly my love for her was every bit as great. With each of my children I’ve felt the same amazing, abundant love.
I wonder how a mother could ever deny the existence of a Supreme Being. A sweet, innocent newborn screams of a divine power. You need only to look in their eyes and know there is a God whose love is immeasurable.
Nathan is now three months old. When he looks at me he knows I am his mother. There is an unmistakable twinkle in his eye when he looks my way. I adore it!
I think Nathan has my expressive eyebrows!
The kids love giving Nathan "tummy time" and delight in his increasing strength. I love when everyone is united rallying around Nate.
Now... I looked in our old pictures and found this next one of Jared when he was three months old.
Hmm...do you see a difference between the two?! Isn't it fun to see how every child even within the same family is different and unique. I'm pretty sure Jared weighed more in this picture than Ellie does now! I remember when Jared was a baby and Scott was in the Bishopric there was a nice lady in the ward whose kids were all grown. She used to sit with us to help me with the kids. She loved to hold Jared, but even before Sacrament Meeting was over she was exhausted. Not only was Jared big, but he was very active. He never stopped moving and wiggling around! He was so fun, and continues to be one active boy.
I am a lucky mother to have such wonderful children! I feel very blessed.
8 comments:
Wow this was so uplifting and sweet. It was a great start to my day, thanks for your thoughts
Michelle
He is SO SO darling and I can't wait to see him in June!
He does look soooooooo much like you, Sarah! He's way cute.
You put a smile on my face! He is so adorable and I love the images you've captured of him.
You are such a wonderful mom to capture these moments and thoughts! Your kiddos will treasure them all someday!
Gosh Nathan is cute! And Jared was so adorable. I remember how huge he was. I miss you guys.
Love ya.
That little Nathan is such a darling boy. Thanks for sharing your thoughts--I love that saying "Love multiplies." It's true, though sometimes I wonder how it could be. Glad I got to hold him finally! :)
I love those pictures!!!Whenever I look at those they make me smile!!!
--melanie--
Post a Comment