Sunday, April 18, 2010

Family Rules


I came across a paper in Brynn's folder that made me smile.  Her class must have been talking about rules and so they were asked to write some of the rules they have at their house.  Here's the rules Brynn came up with:

  1. Pick-up as you go. 
  2. Don't kick the soccer ball in.
  3. Play the computer for only 15 minutes.
  4. Obey parents.
  5. Have good manners.
  6. Boys have to lift up the seat before they go potty.
  7. No fighting.
I thought it was a pretty good list and wish a few were followed a little more regularly.  Really though, I have the best kids who really try hard to do what is right, and I appreciate them for that.  I laughed when I read number 6.  This is a "rule" that Brynn has been trying really hard to instill in Jared and is doing a good job of policing it.  Poor Jared has too many moms sometimes!