Jared celebrated his 5th birthday last Sunday, May 9th. He was gracious enough to share his day with me since it was also Mother's Day. Jared requested Oreo ice-cream cake. I love an excuse to make this yummy cake!
It's a good thing Jared likes Ellie so much--he even let her help him blow out his
candles. Ellie just couldn't help herself.
Here's Jared after a couple of bites and an already messy face, but he is showing off his favorite present. His face lit up when he unwrapped this sword, which made Scott and I smile. Generally, we only get our kids one present for their birthday, but I was afraid the sword wasn't enough so I got him something else. It turns out the sword itself would have indeed done the trick. Jared is in heaven. The girls made him a crown. He wears the sword in a holster held up by a belt of mine and all day he rides his stick horse and pretends to be Peter from Narnia.
See how tough this guy is? If you come over, he'll show you how fast he can unsheath his sword.
Jared spends most of his play hours pretending he is a hero of some sort. He loves using ropes or robe belts to tie things and people up. He begs me to play all day. I'm always the bad guy--he has a million super powers like freezing me with his hands or shooting webs at me. Luckily, Ellie loves to join in with Jared so I can get something done. Jared put this football uniform on and had me pin a red cape on him.
A couple of weeks ago a friend passed along a Power Ranger's dress-up costume to Jared. He was in heaven and proclaimed, "Mom I want every Power Ranger's for my birthday." I thought he meant he wanted all the play figures which made me laugh, because he NEVER plays with any of those kinds of toys. He clarified that he wanted all the Power Ranger's dress-ups. Yes, he would love those.
Jared has an incredible imagination and can take ordinary objects and make them the most exciting toy. He has a fascination like many little boys for all things weaponry. And isn't he handsome!
Jared has a tender heart and is kind to everyone. He loves to snuggle and sit on our laps. We went to the zoo the other day. Jared took it upon himself to act as Ellie's caretaker making sure she was always close-by and safe. Jared starts Kindergarten next year--it is all day here so we are going to miss him so much during the day.
We are very grateful to have this sweet boy in our family. He makes us all so happy!
9 comments:
What a handsome boy! I loved hearing about his super-human strengths.
Happy b-day to JARED!! That pic of him on the Bronco's shirt is the BEST!! That cake looks so delicious! That's awesome that you made it!!! Teach me how!!
What a cute boy! We sure enjoy having him in our home from time to time. What a perfect present - a sword! There's a huge selection at Dollar Tree of foam ones if you need some more for the summer - I think I'll stock up.
I love the expressions on his face in the pictures. He is so handsome!
I love that he loves his sword so much. He really is such a sweet guy, no matter how much of a "tough face" he can make. Happy Birthday to Jared!
p.s. that cake is making my mouth water!
He looks a lot older in those last two pics in the yellow shirt. You guys make the cutest kids!
I love that he loves his sword so much.
Lovely Ashley Tisdale with a Louis Vuitton
Monogram
Why Louis Vuitton?
Louis Vuitton Spring Collection: Let’s Travel!
Louis Vuitton Cosmic Blossom Collection Rose
Tote
Jared doesn't look very happy with that sword or dressed up in that broncos shirt. You should get him an airsoft gun and a colts shirt.
Post a Comment