Here are a few things going on around here:
More baby bunnies in the garden! Mama Bunny is much earlier this year than usual. One bunny--so small its eyes weren't open--crawled out while Scott was watering. He was wet and shivering. Scott wrapped a small "blanket" around him and stuck him back by his hole until his momma came back. These bunnies are softening us all! Unfortunately the mom must not have liked our "help." Her litter did not survive.
Brynn is trying to win the "Nasty, Stinky Sneaker" contest at her school. She begged me to let her make her tennis shoes as stinky as she could. I don't think I support this program, but she REALLY wanted to do it. I finally relented since school is almost out and she needs new shoes for next year anyway. As soon as she gets home from school she takes off her socks and wears her shoes the rest of the day without the socks--she wants to make her shoes "juicy." How gross is that?!
Jared is engrossed with "Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe," the movie. I wouldn't have even let him watch it, except he loved the book when we listened to it on our way to Utah over Spring Break and then I saw the movie at the library. He has spent hours building Lego horses with little men holding swords just like the fighting scenes at the end of the movie. Jared is "Peter" of course and tries to mimic the English accent by downplaying all the 'r' sounds. I love when Ellie plays with him too--she's Lucy.
Kaitlyn has her first piano recital coming up. She has really taken a liking to piano and has picked it up very quickly. We only have 3 1/2 weeks of school left until summer break. I can't believe I will have a fourth grader next year! Her teachers have really touted a lot of the creative, artistic things she has done lately.
Ellie wants to play every minute with her friend Wyatt. Those two kids are hilarious to watch and everyone thinks they are twins. She's demoted all her dolls and instead wants to play with all the stuffed animal bears we have. She took one of Grandma Esplin's bears home with her from our Spring Break trip to Utah. I thought for sure she would quickly forget about the bear, but that is not the case. It is her "Nate." She distinguishes between 'her' Nate (the bear) and 'my' Nate (our real baby Nathan). "Mom, where is your Nate?" "Mom, my Nate needs a diaper change, does yours?"
I've decided to head up a summer Children's Musical Theater in June. My friend has done it the last couple of years but is having a baby this summer so wasn't going to do it. She said she'd help if someone else would spear head it. Scott thinks I'm crazy to add another thing to our lives, but it has been a welcome change for me. It's a good distraction from the mundane tasks of my life, and makes me feel empowered to make this happen. I hope it turns out!
Scott is busy as always with a million youth things juggled with work. He is so great to always make time to play with the kids. He got the garden planted and is enjoying watching it grow.
6 comments:
So glad you are doing CMT! And I don't think I'd love the stinky shoe thing either! Hope you and "your" Nate are doing well!
Wow! What a huge project! I'm sure you'll do a great job!
Good luck to Kaitlyn's piano recital and Brynn juicing up her shoe:) That's a school contest?!? LOL.
that is pretty gross. sounds like everyone is having so much fun and I wish I could be there for all of it. Love you guys!
what happened to crazy hair day and other "normal" contests?
CMT is going to turn out awesome, Sarah. You are doing great planning everything!!! As an aside, I pity the teacher who is judging the juicy shoe contest. Wow.
Louis Vuitton Hobo bag Rises to the Pet
of Hollywood Stars
Louis Vuitton shows social
conscience,launches Young Art Project
Garrard of Louis Vuitton
Louis
Vuitton Totally Damier Azur PM
Blooming Rose in Fashion World: Louis Vuitton Alma MM Roses
Louis Vuitton Totally Monogram Tote
Exclusively Online
Post a Comment