Sunday, June 6, 2010

Ellie Turns Three!


Our little Muffy (as she prefers to be called) turned three on May 17th.  We celebrated with her friend Wyatt Holmes and his family with a barbeque.  Unfortunately, my camera batteries were dead so I don't have any pictures.  However, we did take lots of video footage.
Where do I start about my Ellie?  She keeps me on my toes and is filled with personality.  She is a girl of extremes.  She is either so ornery and strong willed I can't stand it, or she is so cute and endearing I can't stand it.  She continues to be the best little mom to Nate.  She dresses her stuffed animal bears in his clothes and diapers and takes good care of them too.


Ellie loves to play in water and has flooded the bathroom sink more than once.  She wants nothing to do with any thing pink or princess.  We have some great dress-up dresses that she refuses to even touch.  She is thrilled to put on our little bear costume and any of Jared's capes or superhero dress-ups.  I have to fight her every Sunday to wear a dress and have even resorted to bribing her with a piece of gum (her favorite) if she will wear the dress I want her to wear.  She goes through phases of her favorite outfits--her favorites seem to always be my least favorite, and she never keeps the barrette in her hair to keep her bangs (which we have been desperately trying to grow out but were recently cut against my will by the hair stylist) out of her face.


She loves to play anything with Jared and especially loves to get every blanket and pillow in the house out and spread across the entire floor.  Jared and Ellie can spend hours doing this.


She loves to collect rollie polly's in our backyard and recently named a big one she caught "Jacob." 


She does silly things like climb in her hamper.  We have been taking her out on her bike, and she is so proud of herself for being able to ride it (training wheels on).  Now she keeps saying she can't wait to show her grandma when she comes to visit that she can ride her bike.


She loves her brother's and sister's and sings "I love Nate!  Yes I do!" all over the house.  We are so lucky to have this spit-fired little girl in our family.  Her little voice and fun personality make us smile.  Happy Birthday!

6 comments:

Andy Porter said...

I didn't even realize it was Ellie's b-day time too! Wow, there's a lot around this time of year! She is adorable and we are wishing her the best this next year!! Can't wait to see you guys!! Good luck with the play! I wish we could come and see it!

Valerie said...

Happy Birthday Ellie! You are so cute!

I can't believe she is 3! I remember when she was born. Can't wait to your family.

MamaJuneBugJones said...

She is such a cutie! Glad we will get to see you more now that swim team is here!

Abby Watson said...

She's adorable. I can't believe how big Nate is!!!!! I'm so excited to see you guys.

Justin said...

Quality eyewear is important whether you need it to see well or you simply need it to protect your eyes when you are in the sun. One of the best choices in eyewear is a pair of Oakley sunglasses.The great thing about D&G sunglasses is that they come in many different styles for both men and women.

Julie Smith said...

You know Ellie is a favorite of mine. Happy Belated Birthday, cute girl!