Kaitlyn and Brynn love to plan the Family Home Evening lesson, and ask if they can do it every week. Their lessons are so creative and fantastic that I've decided I need their ideas when I plan Sharing Time for Primary. A couple of months ago they planned a lesson on goals. They spent hours drawing a large soccer goal and making smaller soccer balls with string attached. On the back of the soccer balls we were supposed to write our goal for the week. They had boxes to check for every day we accomplished our task. When we had all the boxes checked, we got to put our soccer ball in the goal.
Scott and I were so impressed by their thorough and creative lesson. They even had certificates made to give to every person as they completed their goal. They dressed up as "special visitors" from The Friend magazine who made and accomplished goals. They always plan a game (usually a treasure hunt to find the lesson) for Jared and Ellie. Where did these kids come from--they are amazing! I especially love when Kaitlyn and Brynn work together nicely as they prepare the lesson. They both have great ideas, and it brings such peace to our home.
4 comments:
Wow! What a great lesson on goals! The rest of us are NOT surprised by their creativity and hard work, however. We know exactly where it came from:-)
Wow! I am so impressed! Our kiddos all get turns to do the lesson too, but I don't know if we have ever been this creative at such a young age!
Wow--they are awesome! Go Brynn and Kaitlyn!
That is what happens when you have fabulous parents. What happens at our house is a completely different story.
Post a Comment