We didn't bring our camera to Utah--one of the things we realized shortly after we left, but with the imposing storm we didn't feel like we could turn around. Luckily, Kaitlyn and Brynn both got their own camera so hopefully they will help me capture 2011 memories. Here are some of our Utah highlights:
- Seeing the reindeer and lights at Thanksgiving Point with my family. For those of you there with us you know the truth--not worth the effort, except still nice to be with the ones you love! There were two reindeer who stood in the middle of the corral and didn't move. After buying some food from a little candy machine to feed them Brynn remarked, "That was the biggest waste of a dollar!" The reindeer were obviously well fed and turned their noses up to our offering.
- Porter family Christmas Eve. We always draw parts from the Nativity to act out. We get just a few minutes to run around the house and come up with a costume. Scott was a sheep, and I loved his creativity. He draped a Kleenex over each of his ears to mimic sheep ears--it was pretty good. My mom got a present for each of the grand kids to open. As much as Scott and I try to teach that it is better to give than get--getting is always so much fun. When we asked the kids their favorite thing from Grandma Porter's house several of them announced it was opening a present from Grandma.
- Cousins! Cousins! Cousins! Seriously--they are the best! Whenever we visit family the kids run off together with all the cousins, and they love every minute of it. We got to meet my sister's newest, Dodge, too.
- Having lunch with my Grandma and Grandpa Porter.
- Sledding with Grandpa Esplin. Of course, no sledding could take place until Grandpa Esplin had cleared the driveways from snow of just about everyone in Provo with his four wheeler. What a great example of service he is.
- Shepherd's dinner with the Esplin's. Grandpa wanted to make the experience more genuine, so he cooked up some lamb. Our bunch wouldn't have made it well as real shepherds with the taste buds we all have.
- Bowling at BYU. My kids love doing this every time we visit Utah. This year was especially nice, because it wasn't very crowded. Jared loved bowling and smoked even the big kids.
- Granny B's tour. I've been wanting a tour of Granny B's since Jeff bought the company. It was amazing to watch the production line of all the pink frosted cookies. And seriously, they are the best tasting too--so go buy some now :)
4 comments:
It was so fun to have you guys out here! I have a few pictures...some up on my blog...that you could save.
I miss everyone already!
Sounds like a fun Christmas. Wish we couldn've been there!
I'm so sad I didn't get to see you as much as I wanted to. Thanks for coming out early. I always love spending time with you guys
Post a Comment