I have a lot of blogging to do…like posting about Jared’s fun Star Wars Party, Ellie turning four, our trip to Utah for Brian’s wedding, Kaitlyn turning 10…it will happen sometime. But for now, so I don’t forget…
• Summer started and so far we’ve had a great time together. Kaitlyn, Brynn and Jared started swim team this year. This is Jared’s first year on the swim team. The first day of practice Jared woke up at 5:30am in anticipation and got completely ready. I had to tell him to lie back down until at least 6:00am—it was really hard for him! This morning after practice he said, “Mom, I just love swim team.” He’s so intense and hard working at everything he does.
• We got doughnuts with the Breinholt’s after our first day of swim team (actually it was the third day, but the first day in the water since the pool was getting fixed). It’s become tradition to get doughnuts after the first day, and I love it as much as the kids. It’s nice that something so little and easy can make their day, and make a lasting memory.
• Nathan has been letting Kaitlyn help him more than he ever has. The other night she got him ready for bed and read to him while I was getting Ellie and Jared to bed. Even after I was done and ready to put Nate to bed, he was perfectly content with Kaitlyn. She sang some songs, helped him say his prayers and put him to bed, and it worked! It was nice to have an extra helper.
• Nathan has had an intolerance to dairy and has had to drink Almond Milk. While we were in Utah I ran out of his milk, and he was desperate to have the cow’s milk we were drinking at breakfast. I let him have it, and he guzzled a glass down like it was the best drink in the world. Gratefully, he didn’t have a reaction and has been drinking whole milk ever since. Scott and I swear he’s heavier than he’s ever been, it really seems like he is gaining more weight now. He was only 21.4 lbs at his 18 month checkup (10%).
• Nate went to Nursery for the first time last Sunday. He went right in and didn’t seem to have any problem. The Nursery leaders said he wanted to be part of everything and tried to be a big boy like all the other kids. He really doesn’t like to miss anything at home and thinks he is just like the big kids.
• The other day in the car Ellie asked “How do you get rid of your head, Mom? Do you have to cut it off?” I was confused by her question until I realized we were listening to a children’s song that said, “Let’s get the rhythm of the head.” Poor girl thought they were singing about getting rid of her head.
• Last night Scott and I were talking about the kinds of trips we’d like to take with our family someday. I mentioned I’d love to take the kids to Nauvoo. I said it would be fun and testimony building as well. Brynn overheard and said, “There’s a testimony building in Nauvoo?” Not exactly.
• I have been working on the Children’s Music Theater I will help direct again in July. It’s a lot of work, but I do have fun.
• Scott biked 50 miles last Saturday with the Young Men. They were dropped off in Santa Fe and biked home. They will be going on a bicycling High Adventure soon. He is using an old bike that his dad gave to us. He put new tires on it, and has oiled it up, but it is still probably one of the worst bikes of the bunch (at one time it was a really good bike, but now it’s just old). Of course, I think Scott likes it that way and refuses to rent or buy a new bike.
4 comments:
I hope his bike doesn't break down.
It's so great to hear about your life! Your kids make me smile. Good luck with the theater!! You are amazing, and so is Scott!! That is such a long bike ride! We're sorry we missed you when you came for the wedding!!
Sorry:) I didn't realize my brother had signed into my computer!
You need to control that brother of yours Andy!
You always keep so busy Sarah and have fun things for the kids to do all the time.
Can't wait to hear about the theatre this year!
Post a Comment