Joe and Andrea and their family came to visit us a couple of weeks ago. We had so much fun, and hope they did too. I loved watching the kids play with each other. For a few days there was hardly any fighting and amazingly no whining for TV. In fact, we couldn't get the kids to sit still long enough to even make it through a movie! Jared and Jeston became quick friends, and Jared still talks about him. The kids were so sad when they left and kept telling me they "miss their cousins already." They are looking forward to seeing them again this summer.We went to the zoo and aquarium, went swimming at Scott's work, shot rockets and had ice cream at the park for FHE. We loved getting to know Joe's family better. They are all great, and I love Andrea. I was amazed at how well their kids went down to bed--four kids all sardined across the floor of one room. I swear I offered them more rooms, but it seemed to work.
Now we are looking forward to Betsy, Hannah and Abby to come visit. It's definitely on Jared's mind too. Today I grilled salmon (this is only the second time since we've been married that I've done this) and before church told Jared I would be making "salmon" when we got home. He excitedly exclaimed "Sam and" Luke! He was a bit dissapointed when I explained salmon was a food--not his cousins that will be coming soon!
6 comments:
We're jealous and want to come visit sometime! Dang it, I forgot we live 100,000 miles away! Maybe someday... sigh.
It is very nice to have cousins so close by. My kids do fight with their cousins as if they were brother and sister, but it is probably because they see them everyday! ;)
Your kids are so cute! In the picture with all the cousins I see a mini Abby and mini Joe. :)
That was so so so much fun. I still can't figure out how to get the pictures to move around in the blog like that. I guess I need tutoring. Thanks again so much for having us. We love you!!
I just found your blog through Nicole Glavinic's! Your family is darling. You can check mine out derrlicious.blogspot.com
Rachel & Todd Nelson just left us and we miss having them as neighbors. It's fun to see how you are doing!
hmmmm, over a month without a new post!? Of course you probably won't read this because you apparently forgot how to work the internet.
Post a Comment