Sunday, May 25, 2008

AHHH!! It's Been a Long Time . . .



I know, I know...I haven't posted something in over a month. I knew if I didn't post something soon my family would stop checking my blog and erase me off their blog links. Blogger drives me crazy and it takes me 3 times as long as I think it will to post something. So for today, a few pictures of when my sisters came to visit. And hopefully more to come in the next week.









My sisters came to visit. It was so fun to have Betsy, Hannah and Abby here. Betsy and Hannah brought their boys so we had the house full of little one's. I just love to have the cousins around. We went to the zoo and aquarium, went to the park and the Nature Center and shopped. I loved having my sisters all here and it made me want to live closer to all of them. A favorite memory, much to Hannah's chagrin, is Sammy's amazing curiosity. He managed to open the gas container that Scott holds gas in for the lawn mower and dump it all over the garage. Luckily we realized he was not part of the pack of kids in the backyard before he found the matches too!





Jared celebrated his 3rd birthday with his cousins. He had a "tool" birthday party. The boys each got a Home Depot apron and then went on a scavenger hunt for a tool box filled with a small flashlight, tape measue and a couple of bolts and screws. I didn't want to encourage hammering or banging holes in the walls and furniture at my house so didn't put in a hammer or screwdriver. Each boy got to hammer nails in a small block of wood and screw and unscrew (a couple of times) a screw with Scott's electric drill. I think they liked that part the best. It was fun to watch them pile in a dark closet to see their flashlights glow. I was so glad Jared could have his cousins here with him. He loved it!

5 comments:

Andy Porter said...

Well, we figured that you hadn't updated your blog because nothing could ever top how much fun it was for us to visit! I guess life must go on though:)
Happy B-day Jared! I love that party idea!
~Andy

Valerie said...

Sarah, I think you do great! The birthday party sounded like a blast. Boys and tools go hand in hand.

willmanprw said...

Sarah, it's been a long time searching for you and your family out. The last I heard about you, you had gotten married and moved to New York; that was when I was on my mission in the Netherlands. Hit me up. The family looks great. I'm so proud of you.
Your fellow Male High grad,
Rhett Willman
310.279.8643

Russell said...

Uh-oh, Sarah and Retty sitting in a tree...You might want to make your blog private, Scott.

Oh, and Albuquerque visit was so last month.

Sharee Gariety said...

Sarah, even though you think I'm nutty, I still have to say, you can't judge fairly until you've actually seen Star Wars. Trust me. Trekkies are nutty. But Star Wars is just good family fun. Anyway, I LOVE your white sands pictures. It looks like such fun! We've lived here longer than you guys and still haven't made it out there. Maybe this spring . . .