Sunday, June 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Ellie!

Ellie turned one in May. The girls helped me make a birthday cake, and of course we all enjoyed watching her eat it. She ate the frosting, and dropped the cake on the floor--typical kid, right! I remember when Kaitlyn turned one, eating the birthday cake was a big deal--the first sweets for her. Not so for Ellie--but still fun to watch her.

Notice Ellie's little hair barrette. She barely has enough hair to keep it in, but I love the way it looks--and seems to cut down on the number of people commenting on my cute little "boy." She probably has another year before her head is covered with hair.

Ellie has become quite independent. She refuses to eat unless she is feeding herself. Occasionally she can get the spoon full of yogurt in her mouth, but mostly she holds the spoon in one hand, and dips her fist in the yogurt and licks it off. It's a huge mess every time she eats anything!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Ellie is looking so big! I swear she seems to have changed even from when we were there a month ago!

The Watkins said...

She is so cute Sarah. I hope I get to see your cute kids this summer.