Sunday, June 8, 2008

Recently....



Kaitlyn FINALLY lost her top front tooth. Her permanent tooth was coming in and pushed her baby tooth all the way to the side and out. We think she resembled Nanny McPhee (a fun, family movie if you haven't seen it). It was really weird looking! I even had a dentist appointment scheduled for her, but the night before Scott took the advice of a friend of ours. He put a warm wash cloth on her tooth and then yanked the tooth out. Kaitlyn didn't even know it came out. The wash cloth idea was great--the warmth kept her mind off of the tooth and the wash cloth acted as a gripper to get the little tooth out.



Brynn graduated from preschool. She can't wait for kindergarten. She also saw the ENT last month. They did another scope to see her vocal chords. They stick a wire with a tiny camera on the end up her nose and down the back side of her throat to see the vocal chords. She is such a trooper and so brave. They compared last years picture to this year, and the vocal chords look so much better!! Her nodules on both vocal chords have also shrunk to just a tiny pinpoint. YIPEE!! I guess this means her prevacid (for reflux) is really working. She will continue to use it for another year before we try to take her off of it to see what happens then.


Jared is just hanging on! He loves having his sister's home (most of the time).

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Scott and Sarah,
We just found your blog. It is fun to see how your family has grown. It is funny to see how life with 4 kids is pretty similar no matter where you live. We have 3 girls and a boy as well and the ages are nearly the same and we post about the exact same topics on our blogs.
Trent and Jamie

Andy Porter said...

We'll have to try the warm wash cloth trick! Livy's is barely hanging on, but she won't let me pull on it. It seems like both our girls had these loose teeth way back when we came to see you guys!
I'm glad to hear about Brynn and Happy Birthday to pretty little Ellie. I can't imagine anyone mistaking her for a boy. She may not have hair, but she is so pretty and feminine in her features. I can't believe she's already one.

Abby Marie said...

Yay for Kaitlyn! Can't wait to see you guys here in a few weeks!!

Valerie said...

Did you get your new camera? It looks like your pictures are more crisp. I'm a wimp when it comes to pulling teeth out. I leave that to Ben and his dad to do.

Andy Porter said...

Andrea pulled Livy's tooth yesterday using a cloth. I don't think it was as easy as Kaitlyn's was, but the tooth is gone now.

Betsy said...

I LOVE Nanny McPhee. Everytime I see it (which happens to be twice in the last week), I want to watch Pride and Prejudice. I LOVE Mr. Darcy!

Ashlee said...

I can't believe how much your kids look like each of you! They are beautiful! What an awesome mom you are!

Emily said...

Hello! It's Emily Erekson Deardeuff and I found a link to your blog from Annie P. Hansen's page! Your kids are beautiful! I have a blog, too! mikeandemilydeardeuff.blogspot.com

Ben Porter said...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz