Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Unjustly Accused

After lunch Kaitlyn walked into our TV room and started screaming because someone had dumped out our container of markers and taken the lids off of every one of them. There were at least 20 markers and lids scattered all over the floor. Everyone started blaming Jared (he was the likely suspect). Jared was adament he did not do it, and then we heard Ellie say "Uh-Oh!" She had been looking on innocently but then we noticed her foot was drawn on with every color of the rainbow and we knew we caught the real culprit! We all thought that was so funny.

On another note, last night I read a short article from the Ensign. I wanted to post a link to it, but because it's in the August's Ensign I can't seem to find it yet. It's called Grasshoppers, Purple Bathtubs and Other Surprises, p. 52. It was the perfect article for any mom that feels things are a little (or a lot!) out of control at times. Gratefully I read it last night, just in time for the dumped out box of raisin bran and the 4lbs of sugar spill on the floor this morning. At least I had a better perspective on it and really did find the humor in it.

2 comments:

Shannon E. said...

Holy Cow! I can totally relate, and we've had MANY things spilled at our house too! Isn't it amazing how perspective can change how you handle the situation?! Someday we'll miss the messes...little Ellie is such a cutie, I can just imagine her little "uh-oh" and also Kaitlyn's scream! :)

Brown Family said...

I will have to read the article. Lately I feel that I am being ripped off on time. I just don't ever have enough of it, but I am sure that I am not the only one. It is crazy that when there is shortage of time or lack of planning on my part then all the things that mom likes doing doesn't happen. I miss reading the Ensign or should I say I miss reading the whole Ensign. I do at least read the VT message, but that is it. I will have to check it out. And since I am writing a novel here, I just thought I'd say I love reading your blog- You crack me up!