Sunday, August 3, 2008

My Turn

Hi, this is Jared. Being only three I almost never get “computer time” so while I’ve got this chance I’m going let you know what I really think. Sometimes I get frustrated because everyone in my family (except my dad) tries to tell me what I’m supposed to do—what to eat, what to wear, when to sleep… it can really be aggravating. It’s like they don’t think I can make my own decisions. I always thought decisions were best made when you take out the emotion… so why do we have the emotional people in this house making most of the decisions? I think me or my dad need to step up and start calling some shots or the wheels are really going to fall off.


This is a picture with me and my sisters… your probably thinking what a cute little boy enjoying a picture with his sisters. In reality I’m thinking about why everything has to be so emotional in our home. I think about this a lot. The only thing I have come up with is that maybe my sisters get it from my mom. The littlest one Ellie, she’s borderline psycho if you ask me. I tried to explain to her that this was just a camera taking a picture… not a roller coaster ride.



Let me give you another example (I notice my mom has already given her account of the story in a previous blog). A week or so ago I’m quietly minding my own business when I hear some screaming and hysteria going on in the next room. Next thing I know everyone is rushing in and accusing me… something about ruining the carpet, drying out magic markers, life coming to an end… the usual overreaction. I just sat there calm and collect knowing that with my dad at work someone has to hold this place together. Well sure enough after a while the littlest one Ellie gives in with an “uh oh”. Suddenly it’s not my fault anymore, all the anger has disappeared, the attention has shifted, and everyone is hugging and kissing Ellie and thinking she is so cute. So if you wonder why I look confused sometimes, come try living in my world for a day.


When it comes to emotion, it’s not like there’s not a time and place for a little excitement. Here are a few pictures where I’m being thrown way up high in the air by my dad.

What a sweet ride… isn’t my dad so cool! Being thrown high in the air like this is an appropriate time to show some emotion.





Other times include after scoring goals in family soccer matches, while wrestling with dad, and during BYU football games.






I think my dad even cried once after BYU lost a bowl game. Although I probably agree with you that he went over the top...


... at least it was about something that's important...

... and not just because you can’t wear the pink barette today or your silky blankie has gone missing.











Here is one last picture of my family. Don’t get me wrong, I think they’re all pretty neat—especially my dad. I just needed a chance to let you know that there’s a little more going on below the surface sometimes. I guess I’ll just have to keep putting up with it because I love them.

Later,
Jared

10 comments:

Hannah said...

SO CUTE!! Poor little Jared in a house full of girls. I especially love the roller coaster comment...she really does look like she's on a roller coaster!

The Joe said...

I love this entry. He's going to love to read it when he gets older too. What a cute idea.
~Andy

Abby Marie said...

hahahaahah man! There were a lot of comments about how cool Jared's dad is in this entry...I'm starting to think that maybe jared didn't really write it :). I laughed hysterically.

Valerie said...

Jared, Xander feels for you and knows what it is like in your world. He can't go throughout the day without Mia putting makeup or nail polish on him, or CJ dressing him up in a tutu. Life's tough. Maybe you and him can have a boys night out.

Brown Family said...

Oh my gosh! I laughed until I cried!

McEntire Family said...

This is one of the cutest blog posts I have ever seen! Thanks for helping us see the world through Jared's eyes!

Sharee Gariety said...

So cute. Jared's gonna be real hit with the ladies when he grows up, because he'll have such a deep and abiding understanding of how to deal with them! (And are you sure that Scott didn't write this blog?)

Kathy said...

OMG I still have tears in my eyes. That is the cutest blog entry and pictures I have seen today. (I have to be careful what I say). Jared, you and your dad are delightful. Thank goodness you have each other.

Vigoren Family said...

Hilarious! He is the cutest little man...and all of that girl awareness that he has makes him pretty special to Eliza.

Shannon E. said...

You guys have such a cute and fun family even with all the "emotion"! Just think, by the time Jared gets married he's gonna have the girl thing all figured out so married life will be a breeze! Your girls are beautiful! :) We love and miss you guys!