Today I had several encounters with some very honest people. Let me explain.
Jared
I was running a bit late this morning so instead of straightening my hair like I normally do, I just diffused it quickly and let the little bit of natural curl show. I haven't worn my hair curly for years, mostly because it's usually too short. Now, as I was getting Jared ready he reached up to grab my hair (which he has done since he was a baby...he loves to run his hands through my hair). He looked shocked as he felt the hardness from the spray gel. I explained to him that I decided to wear my hair curly since we were running late and it only took a few minutes to fix.
Jared's honest reply, "Yeah, mom. People at church are probably going to laugh at you."
Brynn
Later in the day Brynn told me that she thought my hair was beautiful. I thanked her and then she said, "Well, it's kind of beautiful. It kind of looks like Kaitlyn's does when she wakes up in the morning." Trust me, this is not a beautiful sight.
Needless to say, I'm a little self-conscious of wearing my hair this way again.
Four Different People at Church
The honesty continued at church. Apparently I am huge and look like I should be having my baby within a week or two. I shocked four different people today when they commented on my soon-to-be arrival and I let them know I still have 10 weeks left! Trust me, I will get bigger!! I can't believe it myself. I can hardly move right now and I swear I can feel my stomach growing bigger every day.
Does everyone have to be so honest? It's making me too self-conscious!
11 comments:
Your hair was darling today and you are not huge! You looked great. Their fashion sense is still developing (but their comments are hilarious.)
This is why we should live closer to each other because what I would have said (no matter what you look like) is:
Look at you you tiny little thing when are you going to start looking pregnant! And I am trying not to hate you just because you're beautiful (is that how the hair commercial goes?) So won't you be please won't you be my neighbor?
That is so funny. I promise, you don't look huge. You have a figure that people would kill for in general and you're a pretty darn good looking pregnant woman too.
ha ha..your kids crack me up. I don't think it's possible for you to not look gorgeous. You only have 10 weeks left?? That's so exciting!! The count down is on!!
Too funny!! I hate it when the kids are so brutally honest. Actually I hate it when anyone is brutally honest. Just lie to me people!
I want to see a picture of you with curly hair and a huge belly!!!
i'm so curious now...send pictures of your pregnant belly, and i will be sure to give an honest judgement (hee, hee).
Sarah you always look beautiful!! So don't worry!! Kids just say the craziest things sometimes.
I bet you look great! You're one of the people I get jealous at when I see pregnant because you don't show much at all.
I got the same kinds of comments when I was pregnant. I think people just wonder where you are going to put that growing baby! We are excited for his arrival--ten more weeks! Yeah!
Post a Comment