Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Balloon Fiesta!

I've posted before about how much I love the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta. There is nothing like seeing hundreds of huge hot air balloons in the sky at once. I am excited every year to see the balloons. Scott thinks if you've seen it once, you've seen it enough times. Bah Humbug!

I was so happy that Betsy and Russ and their family and Hannah and Kendall and their boys came to visit this year to share in the excitement. Unfortunately the balloons didn't fly in our direction while they were here. We had to do a little work to chase them. I led the way to follow the balloons until I had no idea where we were and let Russell lead out so he could stop when he wanted to. We finally stopped where two balloons landed, and I was so happy to see someone as excited as I was about the balloons. Russ pulled over, jumped out of his car, grabbed a couple of kids and headed off as fast as he could to get down to where the balloons were. We even had to cross rail-road tracks and climb over a barbed wire fence!
Unfortunately being seven plus months pregnant and carrying a two year old through the rough terrain made it nearly impossible to take pictures.

The Energizer Bunny was right out our front door on one of the days! How could you not love that!?

1 comment:

Andy Porter said...

Wow! I didn't realize the balloons were all cool shapes! That's awesome!! I probably wouldn't have made it over the barbed wire fence....kudos to Russell. I hope we have a chance to come and see them sometime! Oh, and happy Anniversary a couple of weeks ago!