Some of our kids are naturally more aggressive than others. While we were playing a family soccer game for Home Evening Scott mentioned that it was okay to use your elbow a little. He was mostly trying to help the less aggressive children know it was okay to have a little contact and they didn't need to be afraid of hurting the other kids. I've been worried ever since that the message was taken a little too much to heart with some of the kids. Jared takes after his dad and talks a lot of smack before a game. "I'm gonna win this one mom! I'm gonna score lots of goals and if a boy gets in my way I'm just gonna kinda push him with my elbow!"
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
We Love Soccer!
Some of our kids are naturally more aggressive than others. While we were playing a family soccer game for Home Evening Scott mentioned that it was okay to use your elbow a little. He was mostly trying to help the less aggressive children know it was okay to have a little contact and they didn't need to be afraid of hurting the other kids. I've been worried ever since that the message was taken a little too much to heart with some of the kids. Jared takes after his dad and talks a lot of smack before a game. "I'm gonna win this one mom! I'm gonna score lots of goals and if a boy gets in my way I'm just gonna kinda push him with my elbow!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
he is so sweet!!
Sarah Terry has me on video tape offering to buy Bethany a donut for every girl on the opposing team whose shin she kicked. Wait, could that have something to do with the problem I mentioned in my last blog post? :)
Post a Comment