
One day I called Ellie "Bub." She looked at me and yelled, "I NOT Bub! Jared Bub!" True. We do call Jared "Bub" sometimes. I apologized and then asked her what her name was. "Ellie is
Muffy!" I started to laugh. Scott started calling her "
Muffy" or "Little Muff" awhile ago, but I was surprised she recognized it as her name. It fits her though it doesn't really make sense--she is just such a little muff!
For example. She is queen of eye rolling at all the right times. How can a two year old know when to do that? When she is exasperated or doesn't like what I've asked her to do she rolls her eyes. It is so cute and funny and she gets such a reaction from everyone that she does it sometimes just for laughs.

The flu is rampant around here. Ellie is doing her part in trying to keep it away from our family by washing her hands a MILLION times a day. I have several bottles of hand sanitizer around the house. If it is in plain sight Ellie will find a way to it. "Need bacterial antibacterial), Mom." And then she gives a big squirt to her hands and to each of her three babies hands. She's a good mom. She also likes to give her hands several pumps of the hand soap too. Almost
every time it's quiet around her I suspect she's found the hand soap and is cleaning away.

In Sacrament Meeting on Sunday it was like 100 degrees! Someone had turned the heater on and
it wasn't even cold outside! Being eight months pregnant I thought I was going to faint! Jared was wearing a long sleeve button down shirt with a sweater vest (he looked very handsome), but he was dying of heat too so I helped him take off his vest. The next thing I knew Ellie was stripping off her dress. "I hot too, Mom!" Ellie exclaimed. "I take my clothes off too!" I couldn't convince Ellie that she needed to stay dressed. Scott even had to walk out with her to get her mind off of it.
This girl gives us so many laughs! She's a bundle of energy and joy. I wonder how she's going to take our new little addition soon.
5 comments:
That cute girl. Oh my word, it WAS SO HOT in church last Sunday! I went over after the sacrament to press the cooler button but it had already been pressed, though it sure didn't seem to be making a difference! I think Ellie had the right idea. ;)
You are the cutest family! I love hearing your cute stories...
And Ellie will do great with the new little one because she is an Esplin... And they are all just wonderful!
She has such a personality! Ellie will treat the new baby as her baby and be the "mommy". I'm excited for you! BTW, what name did you decide on?
LOVE the eye rolling pic!
Was it hot last Sunday too? I thought it was just because I was so nervous about playing the piano. I wanted to strip today for sure though. Holy cow! I love Ellie. I think she's such a mini Kaitlin.
Post a Comment