Sunday, November 8, 2009

Candy Fest 2009

Another Halloween with LOTS of candy. It makes me sick to look at it! We carved pumpkins from our own garden this year...none of them were very big but worked great for the little people carving them! I had to drag Scott down with us...he had snuck away to read the paper. Of course once he came he created the very cool star-eyed/sun mouth jack o' lantern.

Brynn was a witch. She has been a witch for several years in a row and loves it. This year we sprayed her hair orange. That spray stuff is a mess!

Meet the Jar-Bot. Jared wanted to be a robot. I got a box and spray painted it silver and then had no idea what to do next. I left it in Scott's hands and once again his creativity pulled through...pie tins around the arm holes, spray painted pvc pipe, a remote control, old cords and some other random things from the garage completed the costume. The blue thing in the middle was a light that blinked. Jared loved that and the flashlight on the top.

Jared got more comments about his costume than anyone. Everyone thought it was so cute, and Jared loved hearing it! Sometimes the cheapest things are the best!

Kaitlyn was a ballerina. We made her tu-tu. She mostly wanted to be a ballerina so she could wear make-up and loved putting it on!


Ellie was a pumpkin. We have several costumes that would fit her and I wasn't sure until the last minute which one she would wear. Today at dinner she was saying that Jared was a boy. We have this conversation frequently. Jared is a boy, but she is a girl (often she insists she is a boy too). Today after I affirmed that Jared was a boy I asked her what Ellie was. "Ellie's a pumpkin!" she said.

No one take my candy!
Ellie LOVED trick or treating. We took the stroller in case she got tired but she insisted on riding it from house to house and then jumped out at each drive-way as quickly as she could. After we did the couple of streets in our neighborhood I asked if anyone was ready to go home. Ellie was the loudest, "No, nope, no!"

3 comments:

Logan St Journal said...

The kids look so cute and you are so creative with Jared's robot!

Hannah said...

Everyone looks so cute!!

Adrienne said...

AWESOME, all of them! How awesome is Halloween. I'm so glad you guys can trick or treat where you live!!