Sunday, November 8, 2009

Let it Snow!

We received a package in a HUGE box. Scott and I laughed when we realized that the huge box was filled with two smaller boxes and TONS of packing peanuts. We filled up three garbage bags full of the peanuts! Ellie and Jared had a blast burying themselves in the box. I didn't think much about it until about twenty minutes later when I came down and saw little pieces of packing peanuts ALL OVER the floor.

I don't have a picture of the mess. Just imagine a blanket of snow inside. I tried to sweep up the stuff on the tile but the static made it jump out of my dustpan before I got it to the garbage. The mess got bigger the more I tried to clean it up. I finally brought in the shop-vac from the garage which did the trick. It took me about an hour to get it all cleaned up!

6 comments:

Andy Porter said...

They look so cute buried in peanuts. Where you in Utah when the kids made a peanut mess of your parents house? Those things are so hard to get up. Did that jump start any labor pains?!?

Sharee Gariety said...

OH yes, those things make a very big mess. But they are SOOOO fun to play in!

Hannah said...

Yep...I swear I'm still finding little pieces of packing peanuts in the boys' room from some fun they had with them a year ago.

Abby Watson said...

You have so many adventures at your house. Could you please have your baby while I'm there? I really want to see him.

Russ, Julie, and Kids said...

Ohhhh, those peanuts are the worst to clean up!! The kids just love 'em though. I thought they were fun the first time the boys discovered them - now I throw any peanuts out as soon as I see them. I'm such a mean mom...

Kathy said...

Duh!!! Packing peanuts, no matter how much fun should be illegal! A person is likely to forget how cute the kids were, after an hour or so of cleaning.