My sister in-law posted a fun idea to use for FHE. We tried it tonight and it was a big hit with the kids. Thanks Michelle. I thought I'd share the idea as well. I did change the recipe a bit--the original called for a lot more butter and sugar/cinnamon mixture. Even using the below amounts I had a little waste.
Resurrection Rolls
16 Big Marshmallows (Representing the Body of Jesus)
2 cans of crescent (Rolls Representing the cloth they buried Jesus in)
1/2 stick of Butter (Representing the sacred oil Jesus' body was dressed in)
1/2 cup cinnamon and sugar (Representing the spices His body was dressed in)
Roll Marshmallows in butter and cinnamon/sugar. Wrap a crescent triangle around it and seal it up tight. I'd line the pan with foil or wax paper. I tried hard to make sure the crescents were tight but some still leaked and it was a mess on my pan. Put it in the oven (the tomb) and bake for 10-12 minutes. When you take it out of the oven the marshmallows are gone (Jesus is not there but, is resurrected!) Eat and Enjoy!!
I liked this because it was easy enough for even Ellie to do and it was quick and not too messy. I had to help pinch the crescents, but that is all.
5 comments:
I'm glad you posted! Just in time for tonight! Great idea!!
I was trying to think of something more meaningful to do!
Have a great day!
Thanks for this idea! My kids all loved it...and they were yummy.
My friend has a blog called beinglds.blogspot.com and she posted this, too. It was the first time I had heard of it. We are going to do it on Easter Sunday. She also uses the oven as the tomb... since Christ's body goes in but doesn't come out...
Anyway check out the blog because she has a ton of fun easter ideas.
Love all the updates, Sarah! Ellie and Scott crack me up. :) And Brynn definitely was the cutest rat. :)
Cute! I should try this with my FHE group....in fact, I think I will! They'll love it.
Post a Comment