Ellie is in the "scissor happy" phase. Kaitlyn and Brynn went through the same thing--Jared bypassed this phase and was out riding his bike all the time instead. I know it must be a common phase though because the day after I took these pictures my sister-in-law took almost identical pictures of her kids doing the same thing.
Little pieces of paper everywhere!
Ellie can stay busy cutting tiny pieces of paper for at least twenty minutes. She has cut her hair--twice. Luckily both times she has cut hair in the bangs area and you could hardly tell--unless you were her mother who was trying to grow out those bangs!
This is Ellie taking it one step further. Little pieces of paper "food." And there is water in one of those pans too. This is often the scene as I'm trying to make dinner and hopscotching around her kitchen set-up.
Ellie is thrilled when Jared will play with her. Tiny pieces of paper everywhere combined with all my pots and pans and water equals a big mess, but I love this kind of pretend play. Who needs toys anyway? Besides that, Ellie is going to be a pro at cutting by the time she hits Kindergarten.
2 comments:
Sarah, You are an amazing mom. As I read this post all I could think of is how upset I get in those situations. What a good mom you are to let your kids creativity shine!! You are a great example to me!!
I love the paper cutting phase! All of my kids have done it. And, you're right about kindergarten--she'll be SO ready in a couple of years!
Post a Comment