Friday, July 30, 2010

Did I Mention Kaitlyn Turned 9


Kaitlyn turned 9 on June 3rd--right in the middle of our Children's Music Theater.  It was hectic so I didn't get to write about her, but she did get to bring brownies to rehearsals.  She also had three of her friends from school come swimming with us at Scott's work.  Afterwards we had pizza and ice-cream sundaes with tons of toppings!

Look at this cute curly-haired two-year old
Kaitlyn is a smart, sweet girl.  She loves to read and we often have to make her put her book down to eat.  She is very responsible and showing it more and more.  Just today she made lunch for everyone without being asked, since I was not home and Scott had knee surgery yesterday and can't move around very well.  When I came home and saw everyone eating I was so proud of her for stepping up and helping out.  She always does her homework right when she gets home from school, and I never had to remind her about any school projects that were due--she was always ahead of schedule.

Kaitlyn also has a great talent for creating the mood in our home, and I love when she chooses to bring peace and love by getting along with her brothers and sisters.  She has many friends, and I am proud of her for making good choices. 


Kaitlyn is also a great swimmer and has done very well this season in swim team.  She loves our garden and looks at it almost every morning and watches closely so we're sure to harvest everything on time. She also loves playing the piano, and is a great artist.

At Arches National Park
We are so grateful to have Kaitlyn in our family!

1 comment:

Julie Smith said...

I love that curly hair. Bethany, Miranda and Kirra are admiring the picture of the girls when they were little. We're all so glad to know Kaitlyn.