Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Lazy Summer Day

We just spent the last hour reading The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. Everyone is enthralled--especially Jared as we are returning to the tale of his hero Peter.  Now we are eating fresh, hot homemade bread for lunch--we're already working on our second loaf.  Brynn told me it was so good I should open a bakery--you gotta love when your kids tell you something like that.  Ellie broke her leg on Sunday and has a full leg splint until tomorrow when she gets her cast on--I will post more on that later.

We got home late Saturday night from two weeks of non-stop fun with cousins in Utah.  I loved every minute of it and as always feel a bit melancholy now that it is all over and I know it will be some time before we get to see everyone again.  But this is close to a perfect moment with the kids, and I love it.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Sounds like a perfect summer day. Makes me wish I hadn't spent mine shopping, although Melanie loved it!

Gaylynn said...

Poor Ellie!

I've had a few of those "perfect moments" with my kids over the years. That's what life's all about!

Valerie said...

Delete that Joven guy. He's spam I'm sure! Poor Ellie. Hope she is doing well.

We loved visiting with you! It was pure heaven being with everyone.