Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I Wanna Be A Pirate!

Sharee and I directed another year of Children's Music Theater.  This year we had two casts and two different plays.  Both plays were about pirates so we could use the same set.  We had 78 children participate this year!  It was a lot of work, but I still love it.  I love helping my kids and so many others have an opportunity like this to perform and build confidence.  In years past, we rehearsed for three weeks before the show in Sharee's living room.  This year we condensed it to 5 days of practice with the performance on Saturday.  We were able to rehearse and perform at a high school, which was really nice.  It was an intense week!


 Elementary Cast
50 Kids ages 5-10
"Pirates! The Musical"

Elementary Cast performing on stage

My three pirates!




This is the best picture of the set I have.  When the elementary kids first saw it one of the girls said in awe, "This is going to be the best day of our lives!"

This is the Elementary kids practicing at dress rehersal.

In years past, Kaitlyn would not try out for any main part.  This year she tried out for everything she could and did amazing.  She got to say a lot of lines and sing some solos too.  I'm proud of her for pushing past her fear and showing what I knew she's always had inside her.



Jared was NOT happy about wearing make-up, but he relented.


This is what it takes to help five year olds understand what they need to do!
Middle School Cast
28 Kids ages 11-14
"How I Became a Pirate"

The middle school kids had a blast together.  Their show was much more difficult, but they pulled it off amazingly!

I am so grateful to my mom for coming out for the week to help watch the kids so I could do this again this year.  She watched kids, cleaned, did laundry, made meals and yummy desserts too.  My kids had a lot of fun with her, and I'm glad they got to spend some time with her.  Thank you so much Mom!

1 comment:

Abby Watson said...

Everyone looks soooo great! I LOVE that set. I wish I could have seen it!