This summer Nate gave up his binkie! Or rather, I took it away. My friend is adamant that 18 months is the best age to take away the pacifier--she claims they are young enough that it is easier to take it away. It's like they forget easier about it. The reasoning sounded great but I wasn't sure I was ready for the challenge. When we took away Kaitlyn's binkie when she was two we were unprepared for the crazy convulsions she had like a drug addict trying to come clean!
And let's face it--the binkie is fabulous. Nate was a screamer, seriously high-pitched like you've never heard before. Plop in the binkie and it stopped immediately. Could I really get rid of it?
And Nate LOVED his binkie. I wanted him to have it on our trip to Utah to help him sleep, and I wanted him to have it while my mom was watching him while I did CMT--to keep her sane.
Nate lightly cried for about five minutes and then fell right to sleep. I found the binkie, but I never gave it back to him. I seriously could not believe how easy it was!







5 comments:
Yay for Nate! This is inspiring for me because Zoey still has her and in the last couple months has become more attached. I need to do what you did, just stop giving it to her. Great job!
CUTE pictures of Nate!
Sar! He looks EXACTLY like you, but with blonde hair. Especially that last picture with his blankie. SO cute. Love ya.
Awwww, he is soooo cute! I can't believe how easy that was!
Wow. Nate is seriously such a cute boy.
I need to get rid of the pacifier for Levi...
Post a Comment