Happy Birthday to our 2 Year Old!

Nate celebrated his birthday 2 days after Thanksgiving this year. Seriously. Where. Does. Time. Go? I can't believe this guy is already two. He brightens every day and is incredibly spoiled by everyone here.
Nate loves to jump. His run is always like a little hop-skip-and jump. He runs, throws in a skip and a hop or two and always jumps as he stops. It's so cute! He loves to be with Scott, and Nate definitely has his dad wrapped around his finger.
Nate loves all the kids, and as you can see by this picture he adores Jared. He loves to throw the ball with Jared and play football. I often hear Nate saying "innersheption!" and "pass" and "chuchdown" when he's playing with Jared. The other day Jared was doing something and didn't want to play football with Nate when he asked. I offered to play with him, but he didn't want that. He gave enough loves to Jared that guilted Jared into playing with Nate.
For Nate's birthday we all went swimming at Scott's work, and Nathan loved it! Brynn made him the cute Santa hat for his birthday.
I'm still amazed everyday at Nate's vocabulary. This morning he told me he didn't eat his breakfast burrito because it was disgusting. Then he said he ate a cookie in the kitchen instead. Great. He does everything the kids do, and picks up on everything ever said. The other day he came in from outside and said, "What the heck?" He definitely has older siblings, as evidenced by his premature potty language. When he gets mad at the kids I often hear him exclaim, "No, poopie!" Trust me, I do not condone this language, but it is hard to obliterate when it is always met by giggles from the other kids (and I have to kind of force a serious face too).
Nathan is at such a fun age. I wish everyone could know this kid and see his funny antics. Of course being two, he's also very independent and it often takes an extra bout of patience as he wants to do everything himself. He also loves the "Chifus (Christmas) Tree." Nathan is truly a blessing in our family. He unifies us all, as he's often the focus of what we do. We love you Nate!




3 comments:
HOly COW! He looks so big in that top picture....and looks just like Jared! I wish I could see him more! I can't believe how much he can say. It will be so good to see everyone at Christmas.
What a cutie!! Can't wait to see him soon.
So adorable! Can't wait to see you guys.
Post a Comment