Sunday, June 3, 2012

Kaitlyn Had A Birthday!

Happy Birthday Kaitlyn!  I wrote the following post a long time ago and it has been saved in my drafts...as always waiting for pictures.  Since Kaitlyn's birthday has come again, I thought I better post this even without pictures.  We did get some today, so I'll try to upload them soon. She is so awesome and we love her.  She got her ears pierced for her birthday, and can't wait to take them out and change them.

Did you know Kaitlyn had a birthday...almost 7 months ago?!  And I never did write about how much we love her, and she keeps reminding me.  And we really do think she is neat, so I thought I better let you know too.  Kaitlyn has changed a lot since her 10th birthday so I have a lot of stuff to write that I wouldn't have if I actually wrote this last June.

Kaitlyn is incredibly responsible.  I never have to remind her to do her school work--she does a little every day and manages all the work she has.  She does well in school, and her teacher told me I was lucky to have her as the oldest...I already knew that.  She helps take care of Nate and Ellie, and I love when she organizes games and activities for everyone and treats them nicely.

Kaitlyn has even been hired to babysit by a family that lives nearby that is in our ward.  They have three kids, exactly Jared, Ellie and Nate's age, and they love to have Kaitlyn babysit.  She brings a little babysitting bag full of activities and books.  I thought she might get scared or nervous, but she seems to really enjoy it.

Kaitlyn is growing fast--this morning before church she tried on about four outfits that used to fit her--they were all way too short today!  I had to pull out a black skirt of mine for her to wear!  She is almost as tall as me.

Kaitlyn got contacts last week!  I told her she could get them before she started 6th grade (that's when I got mine too).  It was already past time for a checkup and if we didn't do it now, she would have to wait until the middle of 6th to get them.  I remember how much I loved it when I got contacts, and since she is so responsible we gave it a go.  It took about 45 minutes to get them in and out at the eye doctor and she struggled the next day, but now she is a pro at putting them in and taking them out.

Kaitlyn has a very pretty voice.  She is gaining some confidence as evidenced by her solo parts in the musical she did this summer.  In years past she didn't even want to try out for a main/solo part, but this summer she tried out for everything.  I didn't audition her, but Sharee said she did really great.  And when show time came she didn't even seem nervous and talked and sang loud and clear.  She wants to try out for show choir in middle school.

Kaitlyn is smart and loves to read too.  She has had fun lately with the sewing machine she got for Christmas and has enjoyed learning to knit.  She is a great artist and likes to draw pictures.

We are grateful to have Kaitlyn in our family and love her a ton--I'm sorry it took so long to write this up!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Happy birthday! We will put your gift in the mailbox tomorrow!

Abby Watson said...

We love you Kaitlyn! Abby & Kami-baby.

Sarah said...

Thank you!
I got the gift thanks Hannah!
Kaitlyn

I love you too Abby & Kami-baby
Kaitlyn