Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Seeing Double

I can't think of anything clever to announce this...I'm still in shock.  Look at the cute picture I got at the doctor's office yesterday.  I thought there was something wrong with the ultrasound machine since I saw a quick blurb that showed a mirror image of the baby. It took a second for me to realize that it was two babies.

Due Feb. 20th.


When I called Scott with the news I first asked him if he believed Heavenly Father had a plan for us and our family.  He asked why I asked, and I broke the news.  He was very quiet and asked if I was sure.  Yes, I have the picture to prove it.  He then said, "We're never going to be able to go anywhere!"  I already feel that way now sometimes.

We've all been concerned about the fact that we just bought a new Honda Odyssey to fit 6 kids...not 7!  I guess we have time to work on that one.

They are pretty sure they are fraternal twins.  It looks like they each have their own sac, but it was a little hard to tell.  

I'm 12 weeks along and hoping the morning sickness will die down and I will get some energy back.  No wonder I've been feeling so gross!  Despite the shock, we are all very excited (and I'm scared)...the kids can't stop talking about it!  It must be Heavenly Father's plan for us. We pray for a healthy pregnancy and healthy babies!

14 comments:

Rach and Todd said...

Oh MY GOODNESS! This is the best news Ive heard in a long time!! I am totally jealous...it will be crazy but you have so many helpers just waiting to get their hands on their little brothers/sisters :). love ya!!

Liz said...

Sarah!!!!
Congratulations! WOW. I can't even imagine getting that type of surprise. How exciting. And yes, looks like you will need a bigger van. ;0) Love you and hope the pregnancy goes smoothly!
Liz

Andy Porter said...

That picture makes me cry!! So precious. I've never seen an ultrasound picture of twins before. I'm so happy for you. You are amazing parents. Heavenly Father has to get as many of His children into your loving arms as he possibly can. LOVE YOU!!!

kylee said...

Yay! I'm still so excited for you!! And as the last 24 hours have gone by I have a million questions and things I want to tell you! Oh and I totally call dibs on announcing it at church. I mean, weren't you the one that announced mine? :) It's only fair! Or maybe we should ask someone else that wants to have twins. It seems to be contagious somehow. :) AAHHHH!!! I'm so excited!!

Valerie said...

This is so amazing! I only found out right now because Andy posted it on Facebook and I wondered if she was joking, but here you are posting about it. I still can't believe it! I'm so happy for you and your family!

Kristine said...

it's wonderful thinking of two esplins coming to earth at once. i'm so happy, i've been thinking about you all day. i even look up some car ideas. not joking. how fun and exciting!!

Kameron said...

I have to say... I was speechless when i heard the news yesterday. I thought Abby was trying to pull my leg. Congratulations you two and good luck!!!!!!!!!!!

Hannah said...

I can't stop thinking about this! Congrats and I can't wait to see how it all goes!

Abby Watson said...

That is the coolest ultrasound picture ever!

Sharee Gariety said...

I volunteer to announce it at church, because as you know, our family, (except Arthur) really wishes for twins, so maybe that would help us. :). Or Kylee can do it because if we're honest there's just no hope for us. One at a time is all we can handle. Still super excited for you!

McEntire Family said...

Haven't been thinking about much else this week. We are so excited for you guys!

Allison said...

Looks like you might be driving a suburban with a front bench seat. How exciting(about the babies, not the suburban, although I am sure that, too, can be a thrill...). Congratulations!!

MamaJuneBugJones said...

EEKS! I am so excited for you!!!!! Twins! This is so fun! Love you, love you! Congrats!

Logan St Journal said...

That photo is miraculous!!!! So amazing
We are thrilled for your family. Scott and Sarah you have all the right stuff to handle this plus you have a lot of helpers. Regarding the vehicle you will be driving. I've been keeping my eye out for the perfect new ride. Sarah, I can just picture your petite little body manning a twelve passenger van. You know, you, and the correction facility transportation drivers/airport shuttles:)
Never mind lets forget about the car and just think about two adorable new babies!
Congrats!