Friday, February 13, 2009

More Messes!

I often feel frustrated that by the end of the day my all-day-long efforts to keep an orderly house seem non-existent. By the looks of things some nights you might expect I was sitting around eating bon-bons like stay-at-home mom's get to do. Ha! I can assure you that is not the case.

Sweeping! Why is it that I can sweep my floors three times a day and fill my dust pan every time? It might have somthing to do with this:

Flour anyone? This girl is as crazy as her hair! Notice the snow boots too. She put those on herself and pranced around like she was pretty hot stuff.

7 comments:

Valerie said...

It's nice to know that I am not alone in this crazy world. I've given up the idea of having a nice clean house for more than an hour until they are all grown up and leave. . .oh wait, I'll still have Ben here.

The Joe said...

Ha ha ha...I can totally relate to the sweeping the floors question. I've actually considered having a contest to see who has the biggest dustpan full of junk at the end of a day. I cannot even imagine how my children spill so much food on the floor every single meal!

Liz said...

Sarah I LOVE this picture - I think she is hilarious. I think one of my favorites of when I was little was when I got into the pantry too!

Julie Smith said...

Oh dear! Ellie, you are something else.

Betsy said...

Sarah--my secret--get a dog, they work great as brooms/vacuums/mops. This weekend Terry even cleaned up Brigg's spit up when we visited Hannah.

Christine said...

love that hair and the mess. See it is all so cute when it isn't at your own house:)

Russell said...

why is it that all mothers try to act like they actually do yw housework? We were all kids once and I think most of us remember exactly how it was--giant job charts with stickers or smiley faces for all the jobs that the KIDS did. So don't act like you do the sweeping and stuff, we know the truth. Poor Ellie is clearly cleaning and doing her chores.