I'm behind in my blogging so will try to catch up on some of the things that have been going on while I've been moping around the house praying to feel better.
My grandpa's brother, Lyle has lived here in Albuquerque for the last 50 years or so. His wife passed away a couple of weeks ago so grandma and grandpa Porter drove down from Utah to attend the funeral and support Lyle. We were so excited it meant they got to see us too. My kids were thrilled and couldn't wait for them to get here.
Grandpa and Grandma took the kids to the vending machine at their motel and bought everyone something of their choosing. It was like a dream come true for my kids. Their mom is way too stingy to buy something out of a vending machine so it was an exciting novelty for the kids.
We went swimming at the pool at their motel and discovered that Ellie has absolutely no fear of the water. She loved every minute of it, and I know I'm going to have to watch her closely. She wanted to jump in the water by herself with no one catching her!
Grandpa also tuned our piano. Thank you Grandpa! It was nice to have them hang around with us for a few hours. I think one of my most favorite memories was watching Jared sit quietly on Grandpa's lap during Sacrament Meeting. I could tell Jared just loved it, and it made me smile. We wish we lived closer and could see them more often!
1 comment:
thank you for coming great grandma and grandpa.we had a great time
kaitlyn *0*0*0*0*0*0*0
Post a Comment