Sunday, May 24, 2009

Routines

This is Ellie's nighttime ritual. EVERY night after I tuck her in her bed she quietly creeps out of bed to arrange her own sleeping set-up. She is so quiet you don't even know she's awake. It must be more comfortable to sleep on piles of clothes she has emptied from every dresser drawer in her room than it is to sleep in her nice bed because she does this time and time again. You might feel frustrated if you are ever looking for clothes for Ellie and Jared in their dresser. I've gotten so tired of putting the clothes back in proper order just for them to be pulled out again that I've started just throwing them back anyway they go.

Many two year olds are still sleeping in their cribs. This is one of the nightmares of having a child with the "climb out of crib at early age" gene. Locked in a crib you can't get into so much trouble. Somehow every one of my kids have inherited this gene (probably from their troublemaker dad) because they have all started climbing out of their cribs by 18 months!


These were a few pictures from Ellie's Eucerin encounter. While we thought she was napping, she was painting the walls, carpets, beds and curtains with thick greasy Eucerin creme. My pictures don't do the mess I found justice. The carpet mess shown was just a small portion of the actual mess. It took me over an hour to clean this nightmare up, and I sometimes still find a spot of lotion on something that I missed!

4 comments:

Andy Porter said...

That is the most adorable thing that I have ever seen! Not the Eucerin mess, that looks like a major P-A-I-N to clean up! So sorry, but sleeping on her clothes like that is just the funniest thing! I'm glad you got a picture!

Valerie said...

Ellie is so dang cute! I think my favorite age is around 2 years old. I know that sounds crazy, but the way they think, talk and move just keeps me constantly entertained.

Valerie said...

Hey, I sent you a copy of Pajama Gladiator today for your family.

Love ya!

Julie Smith said...

That looks like my house and Amber doesn't even climb out of her crib...usually!