Monday, June 8, 2009

Bird Watching...in the Kitchen!


I heard a strange noise behind the blinds of one of our kitchen windows. When I went to investigate I found this hummingbird wildly flapping it's wings trying to escape outside through the glass window. I guess my windows are so clean that it couldn't even tell it was there (Ha!). I'm not sure how long it was there or how it even got in.

We tried to capture it, but I was a chicken and called my neighbor to help. I knew she was a big hummingbird fan. She came over and caught it with her bare hands and let it go outside. It was great after-dinner excitement!

4 comments:

Julie Smith said...

How cute! Alas, my windows are way too dirty to attract any birds.

Andy Porter said...

That is trippy...and freaky...and I'm glad your friend is gutsy. I wouldn't have been able to help:) I hope everything went well with the baptism. We missed being there and we were thinking about her!!

McEntire Family said...

You got some amazing pictures! And I know there wouldn't ever be a hummingbird mistaking my windows for the outside - too murky!

Sharee Gariety said...

WOW!!! That is awesome that your neighbor caught it with her bare hands. I'd be a little afraid too--those hummingbirds can be aggressive sometimes. But I sure do love watching them!