Sunday, April 10, 2011

Disneyland!


This year for Spring Break we went to Disneyland! The best part about our trip was that my brother Ben and his family met us there and we got to spend two days of fun with them.  Ben works for Pixar Animation as an incredibly talented animator.  One of his perks is some free passes to Disneyland which he graciously let our family use.  It was fun to have Ben and Val show us the ropes to ride as many rides as we could, and waiting in lines was a breeze with cousins to hang out with.  We spent one day at Disneyland and the next day at California Adventure.  We loved every minute of it (except maybe the times Nate had enough and screamed at the top of his lungs in his high pitched voice and made it look like we were kidnapping him or something).

It seems like most of our Disneyland pictures are blurry and grainy, and I'm afraid the camera must have been on the wrong mode all day.




I had to include the giant Mr. Potato Head--that guy just made my day!  He even took out his ear for us!


We went on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at the beginning, which Ellie did not like at all.  She still tells me daily she didn't like all the bad guys in that ride.  Her favorite part of the whole trip was that she got to ride the entire time in a stroller!

Sometime during the first day I realized that one of our bags was missing.  This was the bag that we were bringing on each ride since it had our cameras and our next days admission passes.  We could remember the last time we had it, and realized it was missing within twenty minutes of losing it.  Scott and I both backtracked looking for the bag.  My heart was heavy as I thought about the next days tickets we may have just lost.  After one of the workers told me they treated abandoned bags as bomb threats, I was pretty sure we'd never get it back.  Scott went to the lost and found clear on the other end of the park.  Gratefully, in the twenty minutes since we lost it it was turned in!  I was so grateful for this blessing.  Ben commented that this was why Disneyland was called the "greatest place on Earth."

Thanks to Ben and Val and crew for a great time!

3 comments:

Abby Watson said...

Bomb threats??? That's rude. Really cool your bag was turned in though! Looks like fun and I wish I could have been there!!

The Watkins said...

That looks like so much fun. Your kids are such good ages for Disneyland. And is that Flat Stanley on the teacups??

Valerie said...

I missed your last couple of posts! How did that happen? I'm so glad we got to go to Disneyland with you and the family.

Ellie is a fireball and hilarious in pictures and Brynn looks like a little princess in her white dress. How fun to have your parents there!