Sunday, April 10, 2011

Brynn's Baptism



Cute Brynn was baptized on March 5th.  She thought the month she had to wait from her birthday to her baptism was the longest span ever and was so excited for the day to finally be here.  We were blessed to have Grandma and Grandpa Porter, Caleb and Abby with us for this special day.  They arrived just a couple of hours before Brynn's baptism on Saturday and left the next morning--it was a quick trip but we were grateful that they made the effort to come. 

Scott gave a great talk on baptism, Grandma Porter led the music, Abby played the piano, Abby and Kaitlyn sang a special musical number accompianied by myself, and Caleb said a prayer.  Both Grandpa Porter and Caleb got to be witnesses to the baptism, and Caleb thought it was so cool that he got to be a part of that.  So did I.  It was such a sweet service, and we are so proud of Brynn for the sweet girl she is and her strong desire to always choose the right. 

I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life.  I am grateful for the happiness I enjoy when I am doing what is right, and want my children to know if they follow the commandments, read the scriptures, and listen to the prophet they will find true happiness in their life as well.








2 comments:

McEntire Family said...

What a beautiful girl Brynn is! She set a good example for all those cute kids that will get baptized this year - you are awesome Brynn!

The Watkins said...

I know this is supposed to be about Brynn, but you are looking so good Sarah!