Sunday, February 3, 2008

You Know You Live In Albuquerque If . . .



You get a "snow day" off from school for this much snow!


Last Monday we woke up to a dusting of snow, and no school! The kids had a blast playing in the dust. They insisted on decking out in all their snow gear despite the absence of much snow. They surprised me by staying in the backyard for longer than it took to suit them all up!


We really do love the mild winter of Albuquerque. It's fun to still have some warm enough days to ride bikes and go hiking.

2 comments:

Christine said...

That is too funny, we are so buried in snow I get stuck everyday trying to get the kids to school and they haven't even thought of taking a snow day. I'll have to post some of our snow pictures on my blog so you can see. That sounds great to be hiking and riding bikes right now!

Hannah said...

Yeah, Logan is quite buried in snow right now. We were gone for one snow storm and when we came back we couldn't even get in our driveway. I haven't seen the green of grass in months. I think I'm coming to Albequerque...:)