My kids had about four or five different egg hunts over the past few days--each time coming home with a load of candy. They combine their candy into a little box and peck at it all day. I'm glad today was the last candy egg hunt, but I'm sure the egg hunts will continue for awhile since the kids love to hide the eggs for each other in backyard. It keeps them busy for hours! I'm going to highlight some of the things from this past week.
Last Sunday Jared learned about fish in Nursery and came home with a live goldfish swimming in a plastic baggie. As much as I didn't want "Nemo" (the very original name the kids gave it) I felt like he was entrusted in my care. I reasearched how to take care of goldfish, and then actually felt bad when two days later Nemo died. A couple of days after Nemo's death, out of the blue Jared told me he was having a really hard time because Nemo died. Please! He thought flushing him down the toilet was as exciting as watching him swim around his little bowl.
Last Sunday Jared learned about fish in Nursery and came home with a live goldfish swimming in a plastic baggie. As much as I didn't want "Nemo" (the very original name the kids gave it) I felt like he was entrusted in my care. I reasearched how to take care of goldfish, and then actually felt bad when two days later Nemo died. A couple of days after Nemo's death, out of the blue Jared told me he was having a really hard time because Nemo died. Please! He thought flushing him down the toilet was as exciting as watching him swim around his little bowl.
We had the missionaries over for dinner on Saturday. The kids had a blast filling plastic eggs with candy and hiding them all over the backyard for the missionaries to have an egg hunt. I think the missionaries thought it was fun too.
After dinner the missionaries gave us a spiritual thought about service and charity and they asked us to think of specific ways we could use our talents to serve those around us. They gave us some examples of some ideas other members had. It was a very good message and then suddenly Kaitlyn quipped in, "I have a talent! See, I can fit my whole fist in my mouth." We'll have to get pictures of her talent for you to see.
Ellie's first tooth popped through the surface, and she started crawling on her knees!
Jared showing off his dyed hands while we colored Easter eggs.
Jared, Brynn and Kaitlyn showing off their cool sunglasses they found on their Easter egg hunt. Just what they need for our trip to White Sands coming up!
8 comments:
Betsy or Russ! Your new blog theme is broken and won't let anyone post or read comments!
Sorry, i posted that in hopes that they would read your new entry, see my message and fix their blog. ... I guess I could have called or emailed them - oh well.
Sarah! your kids are so cute! Remember when you used to never update your blog for like a year? That was really boring. Now I feel like you guys are not that far away. I don't feel so clueless about you guys. And maybe we can get our kids to start blogging too and they will be best cousins forever.
Hey- tell Kaitlyn that her talent is awesome and definitely one of those talents that helps us feel more charitable. I should know, I can do it too.
Also, I think Jared and Kaitlyn might have one ear higher than the other. I don't know if you want to tell them about it now or later, but I thought I'd mention it. :)
Also, Ben, that's really funny that you are hoping to get a messageg to Betsy and Russ through someone elses blog. Oh wait- I guess I'm talking to you through someone else's blog. Hmmm.
Don't worry Andrea, I will pick up some treats for family night tonight.
Joe
My siblings are so funny: and by so funny I mean kind of weird.
I'm so glad my blog is well read enough for everyone to post comments to everyone else!
Betsy, did you see Ellie is just now getting a tooth and crawling? Hah! You'll have to tell her that Reid's been doing that for a long time now.
Post a Comment