Kaitlyn was the "Star of the Week" a few weeks ago and needed some pictures of her to bring in to put on the bulletin board in her classroom. After going through our computer files of pictures and printing them out, Scott and I both decided it was time to buy a new camera. There was such a difference in clarity from the pictures that were taken with a better camera than our cheapy one. I started my research of camera's--just feeling more frustrated. There are a million cameras out there--probably many of them about the same. After weeks of reading reviews, trying out a couple, and talking to many people we decided it would be fun to have a camera that was a little nicer than a regular point and shoot camera, but not as nice as an SLR.
One night while I was on the computer I came across one of the cameras that was higly reccommended to us on EBAY for--with just six minutes until auction close. I did a little ebaying over Christmas and realized if you were going to win anything you had to bid at the last second. I spent the next six minutes surfing the internet making sure this was the one we want and with Scott behind me bid on the camera and won! Now most people would be excited, but I was just sick with worry and anxiety. We bought it for much less than the retail price, but it came from the Best Buy Outlet on EBAY. They sell store returns in working condition in original boxes, but they only show stock photos. I worried for days about the condition of the camera. Scott thought it was funny that I was so worried about it and asked me several times a day how the camera I bought was--just to add to my anxiety!
Luckily it was shipped and received very fast. I was nervous just opening the box! The camera was in perfect condition, and the knots in my stomach finally dissipated. We have had fun learning the features of this camera, and I hope it will motivate me to take more pictures!
4 comments:
Good luck. Don't be mad if it doesn't help. It didn't help me. (Betsy completely disagrees but she's so brand conscious that when I showed her a terrible picture and said I took it with my Louis Vuitton camera, she told me how good it looked.)
Oh, and by the way, that Carl Zeiss lens is a big deal in the photography world.
I think that camera looks great! You're sure to get some better pictures with that. And, if not, atleast you will look pretty cool when you are taking them.
Awesome! I think for Christmas a new camera will be on my list. It is time!
Post a Comment