New Mexico is famous for its ancient past and amazing natural beauty. Since we're soon reaching our "2 year living in Albuquerque anniversary", we thought it appropriate to travel to some of these amazing places near us. Scott took a couple of days off of work and we traveled to Carlsbad Caverns and White Sands. Both were amazing natural wonders. On our way to Carlsbad we passed through Roswell, New Mexico--famous for its UFO sighting. I think this was one of the kids highlights of the trip. Alien shaped street lights lined the road, and alien blow-up dolls and painted alien faces adorned every street shop. It was fun to see!
This was our first "not going to see family" vacation, and we loved every minute of it. It was fun to go when we were ready, instead of being dictated by an event we had to get to. We stayed two nights in hotels--both free nights since we used some points Scott had from previous travel. Jared was sad on the way home. He didn't want to sleep in his own bed--he wanted to sleep in the hotel again. Two nights was just right for Scott and I--as anyone with kids knows hotel lodging is not as fun for the adults. Everyone has to go to bed at the same time, and everyone has to wake up when the first person wakes up. We were all a little sleep deprived, but were able to manage amazingly.
Enjoying the Disney Channel at the hotel--a dream come true!
On the way to Carlsbad Caverns Jared told us he had a bad dream. He dreamed there were bears in the cave we were going to. We assured him there would be no bears, but I still think he was a little worried about it.
I was afraid we were going to get kicked out when Scott put Jared on this rock--you're not supposed to touch anything in the cave.
6 comments:
Um, I hate to break it to you, Sarah, but New Mexico isn't famous for anything.
You're kids are way too cute. It looks like you guys had a fabulous time!
What a fun little family vacay! Your kids are so stinkin cute. I think your oldest looks like you cloned Abby when she was younger and you just brought her out from hiding. Twins they could be!! :)
I heard that New Mexico was famous for people being eaten by bears in caves.
Awesome pictures Sarah, it looks like you guys had such a fun trip. It looks like NM is so warm already. Utah has had a freezing spring, and it's supposed to snow tomorrow. I guess that's Utah for you! Enjoy your weather!
SARAH!! I loved seeing your blog!! your family is darling!! it was so fun to see all your cute kids and the fun things ya'll are doing! I found your blog from my cousin jenner...bear with me here...she is friends with diana, who is married to a guy who was roommates with russell, betsy's husband. got it? well so great to see your pictures and hear your updates. our blog is http://idahoannie.blogspot.com
sure love ya!
Post a Comment