Tuesday, November 4, 2008

What This World Really Needs

KAITLYN ESPLIN FOR VICE PRESIDENT!



Kaitlyn's second grade class held their own election. Kaitlyn ran for Vice President. She made a poster in class with the help of two campaign managers, and then she had to give a speech. She wrote the following speech by herself:

Hi my name is Kaitlyn. If I were vice president,
I would keep people on track.
I would help people if they were hurt.
I would be kind to every one.
And if people were scared I would help them not to be.

What a sweet little girl. She ran against two other little girls and one boy. The boy won (I'm pretty sure from the numbers that he got all the boy votes and the girls split the girl votes) but it didn't seem to phase Kaitlyn. She said she'd run again in January when they re-elect officers. Way to go Kaitlyn!

2 comments:

Abby Marie said...

I'm so proud of her for writing and giving a speech! THAT is adorable.

Andy Porter said...

Good Job Kaitlyn!! What a brave thing to do. I love the speech. That's really all we need in life isn't it?