Brynn had to build a leprechaun trap for school. She and Kaitlyn thought long and hard about what they wanted to do. They made a trap door in front of a pot of gold in a box. When the leprechaun fell in the trap he would fall to the dungeon (an aluminum cake pan). Compassionate Brynn felt bad for any leprechaun that had to be trapped so she built a little home in the dungeon for the leprechaun complete with a bed and pillow, food and of course some gold!
Thinking the whole leprechaun business was getting a little out of hand, and when Brynn asked, I told her that leprechauns were just for fun. But on St. Patrick’s day the toilet water was colored and a box of Lucky Charms was wrapped on the table. Brynn exclaimed, “Mom, you said leprechauns were just for fun, but you were wrong! Look what they did to us!” I guess I was wrong after all.
The kids were ecstatic for the box of Lucky Charms, and I had to inwardly laugh when no one could finish their bowl because it was so sweet. In fact, Jared asked if he could just eat the cheerios part because he didn’t like the other things (the marshmallows)! I remember ONLY wanting the marshmallows. I know it’s silly but at that moment I felt like I must be a good mom because my kids weren’t used to that much sugar in the morning. (Had it been cookies or cake it would have been a different story I’m sure). Scott, on the other hand, ate several bowls—of course always as dessert!
Getting into the St. Patty's excitement I made a green meal. I put food coloring in pasta and then made a creamy spinach sauce that Hannah’s family likes. I think I should have just made the sauce on regular colored noodles. The combination of the spinach sauce and the bright green noodles was a little too much. I was going to take a picture, but it looked disgusting! It didn’t taste bad, but the sight was shocking. Jared wouldn’t even try it, Brynn made a sickened face with every bite, and Kaitlyn had three helpings! Thank goodness Kaitlyn likes EVERYTHING!
2 comments:
I love it! I think the Esplins always have fun!
I can't believe your kids wouldn't eat their whole bowls of Lucky Charms!! When I went shopping a month ago I was totally thinking of you guys and I decided to buy just Cheerios...I got a screaming good deal because I used two different coupons on a sale so I was really proud of myself for getting 20 boxes. The only problem is that my kids won't eat Cheerios....or Joe...truth be told I'm not a huge fan either. I guess it's good food storage:) Joe was heartbroken when he went to Smith's and saw that Cinnamon Toast Crunch was on the same sale and we could have had 20 boxes of it. I love the little leprechaun house decor! That was really sweet of Brynn. If I ever get captured I hope it's by her.
Post a Comment