Scott wrote this account in his journal. I thought I'd share it especially since this seems to be a common theme in Ellie's life.Today I offered to help out in the nursery during the second hour at church. I really enjoyed Ellie, although I must say I grew weary as I watched her taking care of her two favorite dolls from the nursery collection. All the other little kids were on the floor playing with balls, cars and other toys. Ellie didn’t really have time to play. She stood in the corner with her two dolls putting them in a cart and taking them out and then back in again. Later, she gave them bottles and held them—one in each arm—as she stood and bounced up and down. For a brief moment I saw her take a short break from her mothering to stoop down and move a dinosaur around on the floor—all while holding both dolls in her left arm. Soon she was back up and working to keep those babies happy by taking them over to the other side of the room and putting them to bed.
Then it was time for snack. She quickly put her dolls away only to pull one of them back to take with her. I proceeded to try to take the doll away and was wondering what to do with her stern mother-like protective look when I was informed about the “Ellie Exception.” Apparently all the kids are to put their toys away—which I noticed left a few upset little ones—but Ellie is allowed to have a doll at the snack table. It was at this time, exhausted as I was from watching her efforts that I had to go help with the Young Men. I think Ellie was pretty happy to be rid of me and the danger that I presented to her babies.
9 comments:
At least the Ellie exception is just a doll. The Amber exception is the Dad that she gets to keep with her throughout nursery.:)
Loved this post through Scott's eyes. That Ellie is just so cute! She will be a great babysitter when the time comes - too bad she wasn't first!
I remember another little girl who was a born mother. Her name is Sarah. Love you and miss you
Mom
I can't believe she had to put her babies up for adoption--how tragic. :)
I love that she has an exemption from putting her toys away. I wouldn't want to take her away from those babies. She looks so cute holding those things.
I love all these pictures of her with her babies. Especially the one of her in the cradle with them!
Awwww, shucks. Now where could she have seen an example of a super mommy that could juggle 2 kids while tending to the needs of another (and another)? Weird. :)
we love her!!!!!!!!
*o*o*o*o*o*o*o*o*o*o!!!!
kaitlyn!
Alicia Bosco and I were talking about blogs on facebook and she told me about yours! Looks like you guys are doing really well. It's fun to keep up this way!
Heather (Leppert) Spencer
www.spencerhouse.blogspot.com
Post a Comment