Friday, March 6, 2009

Fun Times?


The girls had a couple of days off for parent-teacher conferences. Brynn and Ellie weren't feeling well so I was trying to come up with some fun things to do at home. I pulled out the huge roll of newsprint I had leftover from a Primary activity and told the kids we would make big paper dolls. Of course, my creative girls thought it was the best idea.

Some ideas don't turn out the way you want them to.

I first traced Brynn and cut out two of her shape. It took a LONG time and Ellie was jumping on my back the whole time making it very difficult. I tried to staple the shapes together and stuff them with paper. Then Brynn would be able to make clothes for her girl. If you ever do this...cut out the shape much wider than the actual tracing. Brynn looked at what I was doing and told me she didn't really want a munchy-looking girl. The paper was tearing and wrinkly. It was very hard. I was frustrated--my plans for fun were diminishing quickly!

Brynn abandoned her project and I wanted to be done too, but Kaitlyn insisted I do her. She followed through to the end and loved her life-size paper doll.

1 comment:

Abby Marie said...

That is the coolest thing ever!! I wish I could have been there.