Brynn turned 8 on January 31st--she will be baptized in March. She is sad that she has to wait a whole month until her baptism, but our Stake is not having Stake baptisms in February due to Stake Conference. We gave her scriptures for her birthday since she has to wait awhile before her baptism. It has been fun to see her read them everyday; I hope she keeps it up.
Brynn is a joy! She is super responsible, but very silly too. Her teacher loves Brynn's sense of humor, and so do we. She makes us all laugh! Brynn has a great desire to make good choices, and she is very sensitive when she thinks she has done something wrong. She is also very kind to others. She loves to play on the bars at recess, and she's really into owls. As always, Brynn loves to craft and create things--I think she may use my glue gun daily! She seems to always be making a house or a bed for someone's stuffed animal when she sees a cool box that I put out in the recycling bin.
We made these cute owl cupcakes for Brynn to take to school on her birthday. She loved them, and it sounds like everyone else did too.
Brynn wanted scones for her birthday dinner, so we ate scones with strawberries and whipped cream, honey butter and powdered sugar. It was like having dessert for dinner--no wonder Brynn likes scones so much!
This was Brynn's year to have a family birthday party. She chose to go roller skating at the new skating rink here in Albuquerque. She and Kaitlyn got roller blades for Christmas, and they had a blast trying them out at the skating rink. Afterwards, we ate at Dion's for dinner--another one of Brynn's favorite things.
Brynn wrote the following poem at school about herself:
September 10, 2010
My Poem
I am respectful to everything.
I want everyone in the world to be nice to each other.
I worry about fires in my house.
I dream about being an artist and author.
I try to choose the right things to do.
I am respectful to everyone.
I wonder if I'll be an artist and author.
I cry when my feelings get hurt.
I hope to have five children when I grow up.
I understand how to play soccer.
I pretend that I'm an animal with my friends.
I am respectful to everything.
I am crazy about soccer.
We sure love this girl, and are so happy she is part of our family. Happy Birthday cute Brynn!

4 comments:
What a sweet post, Sarah. I hpe to get to meet yoru kids in person someday - but in the mean tiem it is so nice to get little glimpses into their character and personality this way. happy Birthday, Brynn!
She is sooooo cute and sweet! Can't wait to see her get baptized! Love you BRYNN!
What an awesome girl! We love having her in our home to play and craft. Happy Birthday Brynn!
she is adorable...look at those eyes.
Post a Comment