Last week we had FOUR snow days! We also had record breaking FREEZING temperatures, and were colder than many parts of the country. I do not like the cold. I think the schools were closed on Tuesday and Wednesday because of the snow (although most of the snow was melted by Wed. anyway). On Thursday we woke up like it was a normal day and went about our morning routine, and then Scott left to take the kids to school--apparently we weren't the only ones who missed the memo that school was cancelled. Scott said there were five or six other cars trying to drop their kids off to an empty school! We hadn't received the automated phone call from our school district that we usually get when school is cancelled or delayed, and it hadn't even occurred to me that school might be cancelled again since most of the snow was melted. Apparently, the buses wouldn't start due to cold weather. And then New Mexico was facing a shortage of Natural Gas, and many customers were without gas to heat their homes, so APS cancelled school again to keep the thermostats down and conserve gas.
So now instead of getting out of school before Memorial Day, the kids have to attend school through June 3rd. Kaitlyn actually thinks that is cool since that is her birthday, and she doesn't usually get to celebrate her birthday at school.
The kids played in the snow, and Nathan was screaming to go out too. He loved it until he slipped in some wet slushy snow and fell face first in it.
![]() |
| Photos courtesy of Brynn |
I read a lot to the kids, and even taught them how to make homemade cinnamon rolls. Everyone was part of our "cooking lesson" and I had a fun time with them.
We made ten loaves of bread. Thanks to a good friend who has a kind, serviceable heart we got to share in the joy of donating most of the loaves to a homeless shelter.
We also spent A LOT of time on science projects! They are due on Monday...hallelujah!


2 comments:
Yeah, right. You just didn't take the tag off because you plan on taking it back.
You are already doing science projects? Wow, that's intense.
How cool that you go to donate your bread to the homeless shelter. Have I ever told you that I want to be like you when I grow up?
Post a Comment