Monday, February 28, 2011

Valentine's Traditons

When I was a kid I remember my mom always made us  big individual  rice krispie treat hearts decorated with our initial in M&;M's. Every Valentine's Day I intend to do this for my kids, but haven't.  This year I made them for everyone.  The kids thought they were great--I'm pretty sure the ones my mom made us were much bigger than the ones I made for the kids, but I thought these were plenty big given the fact that almost every Valentine they get from friends comes with several pieces of candy!



This year the girls helped me make a nice dinner for Scott.  I made Fettucine Alfredo with Shrimp--it was actually the first time I ever bought shrimp and had to call my friend and ask her what to buy!  Since I can't stand the look or texture of shrimp, I never even think to buy it.  Scott and the kids loved it!  We made red jello with bannanas, garlic bread, fresh broccoli, and had red cranberry juice to drink.  The girls decorated the table with a red tablecloth and a balloon centerpiece.  They folded the napkins fancy, and printed a menu.  We all had a fun time making a nice dinner, and Scott loved it!  I think we need to make this a tradition.

1 comment:

McEntire Family said...

Yeah for yummy Valentine's dinners and I'm so proud of you for cooking shrimp!