Five: The number of days old Nathan was before Ellie picked him up out of his car seat and walked to the other side of the room.
Do you blame Nate for his look of concern?
Ellie loves everything about Nathan, even the spit up and poopy diapers. While the other kids are grossed out, Ellie revels in wiping up spit up and changing a yucky diaper. Her eyes light up when I tell her Nathan needs a diaper change. "Oh, Nathan so poopy Mom!" she exclaims as she runs around locating the nearest diaper and wipes. I usually wipe Nathan mostly clean and then Ellie takes her turn and finally finishes the diaper change by fastening the velcro tabs. If only she were ten years older!
The cutest thing? Her babies are all named Nathan. She likes the green boy one the best. She uses Nathan's diapers and wipes and changes her babies multiple times a day. She had a garbage bag full of "dirty diapers." They were really all clean, but she had used them for her babies and then taken them off of them and rolled them up like she's seen me roll up Nathan's dirty diapers. I snuck them away so we could "re-use" them for Nathan. Later I discovered inside every one of them was a wipe! That girl is so cute! If only I could convince her to stop trying to pick him up!
3 comments:
I am so glad that you have such a helper around. Ellie has quite a gift for mothering. I think the dolls named Nathan is hilarious and adorable. I am also glad you are able to 're-use' the diapers as they are EXPENSIVE - what a crack up.
That's so sweet that she loves him so much and wants to be such a big helper! That reminds me of Addie...no babies were safe around that girl. They both look so adorable in those pictures. I just want to reach thru the computer screen and give them a squeeze.
I love that there was a wipe in every diaper!
Post a Comment